The Nurse Practitioner Residency Class of 2017-2018 will commence in October of 2017. Program starts Mid October every year, applications are nowclosed for this program year.
LifeLong Medical Care is a large, multi-site, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a rich history of providing innovative healthcare and social services to a wonderfully diverse patient community.
Nurse Practitioner Residency in Community Health has the following program goals:
- Support the transition from new Nurse Practitioners to primary care providers. Build upon the education base already completed, as well as develop clinical and operational confidence necessary to be an efficient, effective, and a productive member of the health care team.
- Prepare Nurse Practitioners to assume full responsibility for primary care (of complex, underserved populations of all ages, and in multiple settings).
- Increase number of Nurse Practitioners choosing to build long-term careers in Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs). Also, to prepare for leadership positions within the healthcare system.
- Full-time salaried position
- Paid time off, sick and vacation
- Medical and dental benefits
- 403B retirement plan
- Loan repayment opportunity
- DEA reimbursed
- 12 month program (5 days a week)
- 3 days of clinical
- Dedicated preceptors
- Specialty rotations
- Didactic sessions