LIFELONG MEDICAL CARE FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER RESIDENCY PROGRAM
2018/2019 Application Cycle Opens 4/16/2018
The Family Nurse Practitioner Residency Class of 2018-2019 will commence in November of 2018.
All required documents must be completed and submitted by June 30th, 2018 for consideration.
LifeLong Medical Care is a large, multi-site, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a rich history of providing innovative health-care and social services to a wonderfully diverse patient community.
Our patient-centered health home is a dynamic place to work, practice, and grow. We have 19 primary care health centers and deliver integrated services including psychosocial, referrals, chronic disease management, dental, health education, home visits, and much, much more. LifeLong Medical Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Full-time, salaried position
• Paid time off, sick and vacation
• Medical and dental benefits
• 403B retirement plan
• Loan repayment opportunity after 1 year of employment
• DEA reimbursed
• 12 month program (5 days a week)
• Graduated onboarding
• Dedicated preceptors
• Didactic sessions
The Family Nurse Practitioner Residency in Community Health has the following three goals:
- To increase mastery and confidence for new Family Nurse Practitioners (FNPs) in assuming full responsibility for the primary health care of complex underserved populations across the life cycle and in multiple settings.
- To support the transition of new FNPs to proficient primary care providers by building upon the education base already completed, and, using precepted clinical experience and mentoring, to develop the clinical confidence necessary for efficient, effective and productive practice as a member of the health care team in a FQHC.
- To increase the number of Family Nurse Practitioners choosing to build long-term careers in FQHCs, and preparing to take on leadership roles within those organizations and within the healthcare system of the future.